Stalking the Waiter

Riffing on foods, flavors and methods since...no, that would be telling.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Weekend Cat Blogging #24

Since I've been busily trying to catch up on my NaNo word count, and I don't want to poop out after only one week, I'm going to post a pic of one of my dearly departed sweeties. This is Joey.


As you can see, Joey perfected the art of learning by osmosis. By the way, that's the unabridged dictionary, to give you an idea of how big a boy he was.

When I lived in Tucson, one of my bosses said he wandered in off the desert. He was seriously dehydrated but seemed otherwise okay. He finally asked one of us in the office if we'd take him because he was afraid his huge dogs were going to hurt him. They played so rough, and the cat didn't have the sense to avoid them.

He first went to a couple with a little boy, but the kid was convinced the cat was going to eat his face. I have no idea why. The mind of a child. So, I inherited him. The first night I had him, I had to shut my bedroom door and put a towel along the crack at the floor because he stunk so badly. The next morning when I opened the door to get ready for work, the odor nearly knocked me over.

After a quick trip to the vet, and a harsh talking to by the vet, from which I defended myself by explaining that I'd only had him overnight, he was hooked up to an IV and spent the day getting rehydrated. Voila! No more stinky kitty. He was so scrawny, though, and ragged, and aggressively affectionate, that I was afraid I'd finally found a cat I couldn't love. But he won me over, and he got fat and sassy and was just a big furry bunch of love. I'm glad he had a good home for a few years anyway.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I am so glad you chose to look after the Kitty! He was very lucky to have found you :)

( So glad you decided to join WCB!)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a sweet story ~ he looks absolutely content (and very learned).

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger ZaZa said...

Thanks for visiting, you guys. Yes, Joey was one of the sweetest cats I've ever met. It seems like those big blond boys do tend to be sweet, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home