Stalking the Waiter

Riffing on foods, flavors and methods since...no, that would be telling.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ten Mysterious/Weird Things - I've been tagged!

Cookiecrumb, over at I'm Mad and I Eat, tagged me for this meme where you list ten facts about yourself that mostly nobody knew. Heh. So, we can't call them secrets, can we?

Okay, here I go, as usual, in no particular order:
  1. I once nearly ran over Woody Allen in a parking lot in Sausalito. He seemed to think I was cute in my little sports car, though, so he didn't mind.
  2. The first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for a crowd, I'd never roasted a turkey, my oven ignition was literally being held together by chewing gum, and the kitchen faucet exploded and was "repaired" by me with liquid solder. Hey, it worked. Oh, and did I say this was a crowd of people I worked with, and I was in the house alone, sans parental supervision/assistance??? It was all good, except we had one divorce come as a direct result of that day, and, no, it's not what you're thinking.
  3. I made my first sale as an artist, selling a drawing to the Uncle Wiggly column in the newspaper for $2, when I was about six years old. And, from an adult perspective, isn't that a rather obscene name for the kids page???
  4. I am really turned on by a guy who can wear a boa with panache. A straight guy.
  5. My hair is halfway down my back and growing, because I can't make up my mind what I want to do with it. The last time I couldn't make up my mind about my hair, it was six inches below my waist for several years.
  6. I once made a semi-pet of a possum. She would have been a total pet, but I had too many mixed feelings about the appropriateness of the idea. Still miss the little doll, too, what a personality.
  7. I don't have a sweet tooth (and I'm allergic to chocolate, the one sweet I find irresistible), but I can't be trusted alone with a ham, a roast chicken, a rare beef roast, an antipasto platter...you get the idea.
  8. I've never ridden on a motorcycle, although I've dated several guys who drove them, even was engaged to one.
  9. I once moved an overstuffed chair in a VW Beetle convertible. Heck, I once moved a wicker sofa in my little sports car, top down, of course. Remarkably versatile, convertibles.
  10. I can be hypnotized by delicious scents, flavors, colors. Hmmm. Sounds not so much, although I love most kinds of music. Odd.
Well, there you have B'gina. And I wonder what kind of bizarre picture those miscellaneous facts paint. Smiiiiling.

Almost forgot to tag some folks. What a great way to find out more about someone. So, I'm going to tag five very interesting people:
Sorry if any of you have already been tagged. These memes are everywhere!

9 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, sounds like fun. I have a ost in draft that I will add the meme to... hopefully tomorrow... but definately soon. :)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Sam said...

hey B'ginia. This sounds like fun. I will put it on my list and try and get round to it one day, wlthough i currently have a long list of posts backing up so it could be quite a while.

Incidentally, I, too, am quite ept at moving lots of big stuff in little cars.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am done man ;)

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

The Woody Allen one. Da best. Wow.

I, too, had an illustration published in a paper, when I was nine. But I didn't get paid. I did get an enamelled pin, though. Wish I still had it.

xx

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger rae said...

hey, the first time i cooked a turkey for guests i had no idea there were giblets inside the thing. everyone was perplexed and kinda grossed out when we pulled out the cooked bag of giblets and hearts and stuff from the bird. at least there were no divorces forthcoming...

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I completed the post!

I thought I had let you know..... sorry about that :)

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger ZaZa said...

Clare and Sam, thanks. I'm always glad when the people I tag are willing to participate. I'm never sure when I tag someone I don't "know," if I'm breaking some taboo.

Rae, I've seen that one sooo many times. They used to tuck some stuff under the flap of skin at the head end, too. That one has gotten lots of cooks in trouble. \;+)

Cookie, aren't we just loaded with talent??? I bet you kept your pin longer than I kept my two dollars. :G:

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Okay, I just did mine. Only two problems. One is that my dial up is soooo slow tonight I'm going bonkers trying to get links--let alone upload a photo. And two is that your list is way more interesting than mine so I'm thinking of just stealing the entire thing. : )

P.S. I miss my little Fiat convertible.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger ZaZa said...

Susan, I cried for a week after I traded in my MG. Then I tried to buy it back, but it was already gone. Whimper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home