Ten Mysterious/Weird Things - I've been tagged!
Cookiecrumb, over at I'm Mad and I Eat, tagged me for this meme where you list ten facts about yourself that mostly nobody knew. Heh. So, we can't call them secrets, can we?
Okay, here I go, as usual, in no particular order:
- I once nearly ran over Woody Allen in a parking lot in Sausalito. He seemed to think I was cute in my little sports car, though, so he didn't mind.
- The first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for a crowd, I'd never roasted a turkey, my oven ignition was literally being held together by chewing gum, and the kitchen faucet exploded and was "repaired" by me with liquid solder. Hey, it worked. Oh, and did I say this was a crowd of people I worked with, and I was in the house alone, sans parental supervision/assistance??? It was all good, except we had one divorce come as a direct result of that day, and, no, it's not what you're thinking.
- I made my first sale as an artist, selling a drawing to the Uncle Wiggly column in the newspaper for $2, when I was about six years old. And, from an adult perspective, isn't that a rather obscene name for the kids page???
- I am really turned on by a guy who can wear a boa with panache. A straight guy.
- My hair is halfway down my back and growing, because I can't make up my mind what I want to do with it. The last time I couldn't make up my mind about my hair, it was six inches below my waist for several years.
- I once made a semi-pet of a possum. She would have been a total pet, but I had too many mixed feelings about the appropriateness of the idea. Still miss the little doll, too, what a personality.
- I don't have a sweet tooth (and I'm allergic to chocolate, the one sweet I find irresistible), but I can't be trusted alone with a ham, a roast chicken, a rare beef roast, an antipasto platter...you get the idea.
- I've never ridden on a motorcycle, although I've dated several guys who drove them, even was engaged to one.
- I once moved an overstuffed chair in a VW Beetle convertible. Heck, I once moved a wicker sofa in my little sports car, top down, of course. Remarkably versatile, convertibles.
- I can be hypnotized by delicious scents, flavors, colors. Hmmm. Sounds not so much, although I love most kinds of music. Odd.
Almost forgot to tag some folks. What a great way to find out more about someone. So, I'm going to tag five very interesting people: